Thursday 8 February 2018

Of Blooks and Blogs

My blog is going into print - yes folks, the "vanity project" of the year. The initial print run is of one copy and I have jumped in quick and bought mine before it is sold out.





 But seriously ( I think ), I did want to print it out. Whatever is held exclusively on a PC is always in danger of disappearing in an instance, even though such disappearance would often be considered a mercy by many. Well, my blog is on Google - but then, is even Google eternal?


Eternal?


Anyway, I googled "print out blog" and up came a site "Blookup" which promised to print out any blog for a fee ( of course ) Their site was easy-peasy, even for a non-geek like myself .


Not a geek, but other options exist

 They imported the entire blog, gave options of fonts and type size, made it easy to design your own cover - back and front - and also offered a very good editing option. A detailed preview of the finished blook is given, "exactly as it will be printed", all indexed.

Editing was a bit of a bane. Obviously videos had to go, so farewell Frank Zappa, and the Stones strutting out "Start Me Up". Also the Dalai Lama and the "make me one with everything" joke. 


The Dalai Lama gives thanks

Then all the "pictures on the left" ( or right, or up, or below ) had to be amended to "the right" ( or overpage, or above, or whatever) Surely Google could sort this out, I cried in despair. 

But finally the job was done. My Blook is at the printers. 

3 comments:

  1. Amazon let me do it free.That was a few years ago. I sold 1 book. The proof. I had to by it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Blookup is a site that just converts a blog into a book. It can be put on sale but given the number of images and quotes I use, copyright laws would preclude any general sale, even in the unlikely event that anyone other than myself and immediate family would want one!

      Delete
  2. Another friend in cyberspace has called this Blook a "Dookie Blookie"!!

    ReplyDelete

The Wasteland - Summary and Analysis

 I saw from Google Statistics that a prior blog entitled "The Wasteland - Summary and Analysis" was being accessed quite frequentl...