Wednesday 20 January 2021

Memo from the Pure Land (2)


Waiting for the taxi?



 Not on my bench at the moment. It is raining so I have to stand here in a shopping centre and make do as best I can. Life is full of trials. Anyway, I passed by the homeless guy who had been coughing his guts up yesterday (is he one of the ones who "goes home in a taxi"?) and he asked for "change". Well, no wonder......but I suspect he meant cash in hand. Cash is a thing of the past for me, now I'm one of the tap and go generation, complete with shredded jeans and a mobile phone that enables me to communicate even when I'm in a crowd of people. (How many in the crowd are crying out for company, REAL company?)



Maybe another five years or so before my own jeans are in this state - but you can get a pair now if you are prepared to pay the price.



Quite peaceful here. I think it is David Gray wafting across on the tannoy.



David Gray or not on the tannoy, this image adds much needed substance to this rather thin blog 




My mind wanders a bit and I sometimes wonder if this is the onset of dementia, which runs in the family. At 71 coming up 72 it makes me think. Well, I bought the guy a coffee and a bacon butty, plus some vanilla wafers. I did wonder at the time if he would have preferred a first class rail ticket, to make a change from the taxi, but I never asked. I just made sure he was not vegetarian or vegan before handing over the butty.



Food for the homeless




He told me part of his "story" but as most people I meet seem to think such street dwellers are all liars I won't pass anything on. Who wants to hear it anyway.



Boris Johnson doing a fine job promoting Global Britain



Good old Boris, he's doing a marvellous job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Wasteland - Summary and Analysis

 I saw from Google Statistics that a prior blog entitled "The Wasteland - Summary and Analysis" was being accessed quite frequentl...