Sunday 23 July 2023

Simple Things





 Often I seem to ramble on and say a lot of things, quote a lot of words written by others.


I'm not exactly just talking to myself but it comes fairly close. I truly find pouring it all out therapeutic and mean no harm (😀) Apart from stray thoughts that pop into my mind at odd moments which just might suggest a theme I genuinely have little idea of what I'm going to say until I have said it.








Yet, in saying this, often when I look back at the words there are words/themes that for me are the hub, the heart, of whatever stumbling life I lead. And to be honest, I do feel that many responses simply miss this. So I will say a couple of things again, hoping they will not be missed by anyone unfortunate enough to come across this......

My way is one of hakarai, that is, of no-calculation. The faith, my faith, is that things are made to become so of themselves. The future will always be a surprise, and looking back, given things I have believed in the past, I'm surprised now by what I am or have become - though I try not to look too deep, or judge, or analyse overmuch.






Simple Faith and "hakarai" walk hand in hand. I really don't try to put all my quotes together into any formula. I try not to cling to definitions, and avoid conclusions like the plague. To congeal into a "finished product" of self-justification, have a solid set of convictions from which I judge the world and others would be a hell to me.

As I have said many times, belief clings, faith lets go. Belief and faith are to me complete opposites.

That's it. Once more, even on sunday, I find myself in McDonalds, coffee beside me.

May true Dharma continue.
No blame. Be kind. Love everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Wasteland - Summary and Analysis

 I saw from Google Statistics that a prior blog entitled "The Wasteland - Summary and Analysis" was being accessed quite frequentl...