Wednesday 24 April 2024

At the dentists





 In the waiting room at the dentists at the moment. Not the best place to be but it does beat waiting at bus stops - at least here a dentist will (I hope) eventually turn up, call my name and get out his drill. Then again, plenty now who are unable to access any dentist at all - all part of post-brexit "Global Britain" with the pot-holes, constant border delays, long National Health waiting lists and much else, where those responsible for the debacle, the lies and the misery, can look forward to appearances on "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here" for a payment of £350,000. Nice reward for causing the deaths of thousands in the UK's Care Homes during Covid. No shame! And dear old Liz Truss, who trashed the UK economy in a mere 45 days before being thrown out, now publishing a book "Ten Years to Save the West". Unbelievable, truly unbelievable. Save the West? 



Beware the Deep State!


Then we have dear old Donald Trump. To open his mouth is to lie. On trial now for some fraud  perpetrated back in 2016, widely tipped to become President once more of the "Leaders of the Free World", just so long as he can avoid the shackles of the "deep state" - the new bogey words for anything at all that thwarts pure ego-mania (I think Liz Truss uses the term) Standing in his way of course is Joe Biden, into his eighties. Is he capable of another 4 years before finally keeling over for good, once and for all? Can a once great nation produce nothing better than these two options. So much for the American Dream, where a farm boy can rise to the top by effort and a handful of dreams. 





Well, I am ranting. And while at it, this blog has now had over 18,000 hits, spread over many many countries. I do love to just waffle on while in McDonald's and in many ways it is simply therapeutic, irrespective of any response. But sometimes I just wish someone, somewhere, would make a comment. The option is available. I did ask at one point for any reader to offer some related quote of their own - I feed upon correspondences and associations. Simple enough to do. No one has to agree with me on anything.





But whatever, I will plough on, casting my words into the wind, into cyberspace. 

All the best to all my readers.

Thank you

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy days

Recently a stray Muslim ventured onto a Forum that I frequent. There are only a few weirdo's like myself on the Forum, but the guy (I pr...